http://cloudkicker.50webs.com/RantShack/OR/AB03.html
One of the best ABC Weekend Specials out there due to a tone shift in the story. It all goes downhill from there, sadly. Enjoy and comment, please!
North American Game Lists For September 2026
* Nintendo Switch got 303 GAMES!! +51 games from last month and +58 games from last year.
* Nintendo Switch 2 got 77 games! +23 games from last month and +58 games from last year.
* PlayStation 4 got 44 games. -1 game from last month and -120 games from last year.
* PlayStation 5 got 183 games. +27 games from last month and -47 games from last year.
* XBOX One got 80 games. +10 games from last month and -33 games from last year.
* XBOX Series got 165 games. +23 games from last month and -13 games from last year.
+ 32nd straight month of 200 games or more, ninth straight month of 250 games or more, and fifth month overall (third in six months) of 300 or more games for Nintendo Switch.
+ 2470 games have been released on Nintendo Switch in 2026 alone.
+ After 500 weeks (3500 days), Nintendo Switch released 19,502 games. 2035.7 games a year, 165.4 games a month, 39 games per week, 5.6 games a day!
+ Nintendo Switch has set the one day record for most games on a console/portable system at 60 games on September 24th, 2026!
+ Nintendo Switch has surpassed 50 games or more in a single day eight times overall since October 1st, 2026.
+ Nintendo Switch quarters for 2026: 1st Quarter: 785 games; 2nd Quarter: 830 games; 3rd Quarter: 855 games. The 4th Quarter for 2025 was 793 games.
+ Nintendo Switch 2 has it's third straight month of 50 games or more.
+ Nintendo Switch 2 has surpassed Panic Playdate and Nintendo Gamecube in overall games.
+ XBOX Series broke their brand alignment year record with 1531 games in Aligned Year Six with six weeks to go.
+ As of October 1st, 2026; Hamster on PlayStation 4 became the second publisher to reach 500 games or more, joining Hamster on Nintendo Switch 1.
+ Nintendo Switch is projected to have 244 games in October of 2026.
- I'll start the game lists on September 30th for Switch 1, Switch 2 and Panic Playdate. This will be followed by the rest starting on October 3rd onward. There will be no ABC Weekend Special reviewed on that weekend. I hope to find the other three Puppy specials soon. If I cannot find them, then I'll review the remaining Ruby-Spears productions. I might copy The Adventures Of Teddy Ruxpin special over once I have 13 of these specials to create the proper index file. I might also edit the rant and links to Teddy Ruxpin since Jim Henson was not involved in the special and calling it the ABC Weekend Special makes a lot more sense. Might do it after finishing the first Puppy special on Saturday. I'm also mulling over reviewing the CBS Storybreak specials and adding them to the ABC Weekend Specials file. Decisions, decisions.
- The Issue At Hand did a post on characters leap-frogging and now I'm looking at going back to see if Kit ever did that spot to Baloo. I think it was It Came From Beneath The SeaDuck.
- Speaking of my favorite show of all times: TaleSpin Dynamite Comics Issue #5 has been confirmed for December 2026 and the story summary has Kit Cloudkicker reminding us who was the reason why TaleSpin was greenlighted in the first place. TaleSpin Dynamite Comics Issue #3 will be released on October 14th, 2026.
- The Darkwing Duck reboot has been officially greenlit for release sometime in 2028. Mark Hamill is voicing Darkwing Duck this time around, which is hilarious considering my biggest memory of him is actually John Curtis from Criminal Minds as the Replicator. Seth Rogan plays Launchpad McQuack and it takes place in an alternate Darkwing Duck world where Drake Mallard's superheroism doesn't exist. Okay, that alone makes this interesting enough.
If you want a personal opinion on my thoughts about the reboots, I did mention it in one of additional commentary rants I did for TaleSpin (I think it was the Shiny Gorilla Bird one). The short version was that: I can understand Darkwing Duck fans not liking reboots, but TaleSpin fans do not have the moral high ground in this one. Mostly because it took from Jungle Book and knocked out a lot of Robin Hood in the process. (Kit is based on Bongo The Bear from Fun & Fancy Free as well.) If it sucks, it sucks. If it's good, it is good. We'll see where this goes. Personally, rebooting Darkwing Duck and TaleSpin is much better than rebooting Scooby-Doo for the eighth million time, but that is just me of course.
Update 09/27/2026 - I'm delaying the ABC Weekend Specials until after the game lists are done. I do not feel well today. I'm planning to resume this on October 10th or 11th. The next one is The Puppy's Great Adventure as Petey goes through hell and back to make the new parents of Tommy accept Petey.
Update 10/16/2026 - The Puppy's Great Adventure will be done on October 18th.
I have the third issue of TaleSpin Dynamite Comics and I'm not joking about Ducktales 2017 being more and more likely with Kit Cloudkicker: Peg Leg Meg makes an appearance here. Louie L'Amour also makes his debut, so outside of the Thembrians, which Disney isn't touching with a multi-verse distance pole, everyone is here.
More to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment